Sunday, July 28, 2013

Actual First Letter Sent from Marysville. Handwritten and Sent in the Mail

Dear family,

I’m here in Everett! I cannot believe that I’m already here! My President and his wife are so awesome! They really love us here J. I’ve been awake since 3:30 am so I’m a bit loopy right now. It feels like it should be 8 o’clock, but it’s only 3…today we basically got here and ate and then we’ve been doing orientation stuff. And we’ve been meeting with President Bonham too. I’m just ready to be here! It’s just incredible weather here! And it’s beautiful.  It’s my paradise. 

President doesn’t know which trainer is mine yet or what area, so we’ll see. I’ll write you tomorrow maybe and let you know quickly. I can’t spell right how. Haha. We are the first group of missionaries to come while President Bonham has been here (since July 1st). Sister Bonham is so cute! I love her already and since we’re the only 3 sisters in this group, she is just talking to us and paying attention to us a lot. 

We just went outside in the parking lot of the mission office and even the parking lot is beautiful! Geez J. And the whiteboard looks like a chalkboard…Washington is AWESOME!  I’m just sitting in a meeting right now and writing thoughts as I go J.  Oh I do know that I’ll be with my trainer for 12 weeks, so 2 transfers. 

My arm is tired from carrying my suitcases around the Seattle airport. We created quite the scene there with a huge group of us in nice clothes. 2 Elders even placed a Book of Mormon! The next transfer there is 25 sisters coming! Woohoo! There are like 140 Elders here and it’s growing! We also have 70 cars in our mission, which is a ton obviously.  

We watched a talk by Elder Bednar called “Character of Christ”. It was a Christmas Day devotional at the MTC, if you can watch it! It changed what kind of missionary and person I want to be. It is really amazing. Right now I definitely just want to meet my companion. And go to my beautiful area. So I want to hear about things going on in the world, because I have no idea. Maybe once I get out of the this really long meeting. Anyway, I just realized that waking up at 3:30 in Utah is like waking up at 2:30 here…did I mention I’m tired? Hahaha.  Alright, I think I’m going to find out who my companion is pretty soon. 

Trainer: Sister Lundell
Area: Quilceda Creek,Marysville

Love ,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment